Students Transferring from IU Bloomington
Students who earn the STGEC milestone at Indiana University Bloomington and subsequently transfer to another IU campus or state institution will not be required to complete STGEC requirements on that campus or at that institution.
To earn the IU Bloomington Statewide Transfer General Education Core (STGEC) milestone, an IUB student must:
- successfully complete the IU Bloomington General Education Common Ground requirements
- successfully complete one of the following approved IUB Speaking and Listening courses:
- BUS-C 104 Business Presentations
- BUS-C 105 Business Presentations: Honor
- COLL-P 155 Public Oral Communication
- SPEA-V 260 Topics in Public Affairs (topic: Speaking, Listening, and Public Affairs)
- take additional coursework from the IUB Common Ground course lists, if necessary, to reach the STGEC 30–credit hour minimum
- complete the above STGEC coursework with a GPA of 2.000 or higher.
For details regarding how the STGEC milestone may apply to degree requirements at another campus or institution, please contact that campus or institution.